Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A Bird Fleeing From Her Nest Am I


Like a bird chased away from its nest am I.
Become a place of concealment to me!
Conceal me from those oppressing me;
Like a weight sinking down I am.

May those trampling others down perish!
Judge fairly to swiftly execute righteousness;
Haughtiness and pride and empty talk will come to nothing.

O, deep within me I am boisterous with pain.
So, spread out your shoots like mighty trees;
For with my tears I will drench it copiously. 

Rejoicing and joyfulness have been taken away 
And in the orchard there are no songs of joy.
That is why I will weep over the vine of Love.

With my tears I will drench you, O Love, 
Because your summer fruit and harvest have ended.
Like the strumming of a harp, my innermost self quivers.  
But, there will be no songs, no fruitage, no good season. 


No comments: